Wednesday, July 19, 2006

iVivo!

Eleven days ago I was foraging about for a new adventure and decided that Spain in July 2007 is the ticket. That will be perfect timing to do Running of the Bulls in Pamplona; and in the meantime, I can begin to learn flamenco dancing and expand my Spanish to include more than one verb tense. It’s the Swiss army knife of adventure packages.

Within 15 minutes of the decision, I had a local flamenco dance teacher on the phone. Unfortunately, her current class is full and the next one doesn’t start until September. (Come September: Bessie bar the door!)

Within two hours I was leaving the library loaded down with videos of Spain and a flamenco dance documentary, tour books, and Spanish language CDs. Within six days I was sitting in Spanish class, discovering that I remembered more than I thought and happy to be trilling “r’s” again.

I fully plan on being in Spain 350 days from this moment. But if for some reason that plan doesn’t come to fruition, the adventure is in play now and lighting up every minute of every day. As Ralph Blum said, “We are not doers, we are deciders. Once we decide, the doing is easy.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home